Information about HASCO and coronavirus (COVID-19), including office closures.
Equal Housing Opportunity (425) 290-8499 (425) 290-8499
Logo 2
Select Page

Low Income and Homeless Resource Guide

Homeless individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness and who want to connect with available homeless prevention, housing, and mainstream services may call or go to any coordinated entry site for an intake assessment to access housing resources available in Snohomish County. Please follow this link and scroll down for a list of coordinated entry sites, phone numbers, and more information.

HASCO has several programs that provide both housing and/or supportive services to assist homeless households on their journey to self-sufficiency. These programs include the Assertive Engagement Specialist for homeless families with children on HASCO’s Section 8 waitlist, the Service-Enriched Project-based Voucher Program for homeless families with children, and the HUD-VASH program for homeless veterans.

Service-Enriched Project-based Voucher Program

HASCO’s Service-Enriched Project-based Voucher Program serves homeless families with children by providing a rental subsidy and supportive services to them.  The YWCA of Seattle – King County – Snohomish CountyCatholic Community ServicesHousing Hope, and Volunteers of America partner with HASCO to provide supportive services to the households, which include ongoing case management, life skills classes, chemical dependency treatment, mental health services and job training programs.  Once the family successfully completes their service plan, they receive a tenant-based voucher and can move to market-rate housing.

HUD-VASH Program for Veterans

HASCO partners with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Seattle Division to provide HUD-VASH vouchers to homeless veterans in Snohomish County.  HASCO provides the HUD-VASH rental subsidy to the veteran and the VA provides ongoing case management services.  Interested veterans should talk to their VA social worker about the VASH program.  If you are a homeless veteran and do not have a VA social worker, please call 425-293-0557 and ask for “A consult for referral to VASH.”


Emergency Shelters

If you need a place to stay tonight, you can call these emergency shelters at the phone numbers listed to see if there are any available beds. This list may not include all of the emergency shelters operating in Snohomish County.

Household Type Emergency Shelters

Victims of domestic violence

24-hour crisis hotline operated by Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County: 425-252-2873

Women with children can also call the YWCA of Seattle – King County – Snohomish County: 206-461-4882

Families with children

Everett Gospel Mission, 5118 South Second Avenue, Everett, 425-740-2500

Interfaith Family Shelter, 2507 Cedar Avenue, Everett, 425-303-9774

Lervick Family Village, 8323 272nd Street NW, Stanwood, 425-347-6556

Maud’s House, 615 Cedar Avenue, Marysville, 425-259-3191

The Salvation Army Cold Weather Shelter (open periodically during the cold weather months), 2525 Rucker Avenue, Everett, 425-259-8129

Tulalip Shelter, 2817 Mission Hill Road, Tulalip, 425-716-4500

Windermere Crossroads, 3504 Norton, Everett, 425-347-6556


Cocoon House: Outreach Drop-in Center 7 days a week from 2-6:30pm M-F and 10 am to 1 pm Saturday and Sunday at 1421 Broadway Ave, Everett, WA 98201

Teens and Young Adults

Cocoon House: Safe Place hotline, which is available 24/7, the number is 425.877.5171

Single men

Everett Gospel Mission, 3711 Smith Avenue, Everett, 425-740-2550

The Salvation Army Cold Weather Shelter (open periodically during the cold weather months), 2525 Rucker Avenue, Everett, 425-259-8129

Single women

Everett Gospel Mission, 5118 South Second Avenue, Everett, 425-740-2501

The Salvation Army Cold Weather Shelter (open periodically during the cold weather months), 2525 Rucker Avenue, Everett, 425-259-8129

Are You Homeless?
The United States Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of:

  • Race or color
  • National origin
  • Religion
  • Sex
  • Familial Status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians)
  • Handicap (Disability)

Learn more about The Fair Housing Act and what it means to you as a tenant or landlord.


Energy Discount

For energy conservation discounts on your PUD bill click here.

Snohomish County
To learn about the Snohomish County Energy Assistance Program, click here.