Equal Housing Opportunity (425) 290-8499 (425) 290-8499
Logo 2
Select Page



Are you a current HASCO client wanting to port-out (move) to another housing authority’s jurisdiction?
Please keep in mind that the receiving housing authority will issue you a voucher under its own policies. It would be in your best interest to contact the receiving housing authority to obtain their payment standards and procedures for incoming portability families. In order for you to port-out to another housing authority, here are the steps you must follow:
1. You must inform your assigned housing specialist, in writing, of your request to port-out, where you want to move to, and when you intend to move out of your current unit. You will need to submit a copy of the vacate notice that you provide to your current landlord.
2. Your housing specialist will determine if you are eligible to port out of HASCO’s jurisdiction.
3. If you are eligible to port out, your housing specialist will provide you with a Voluntary Portability release form to complete. The Voluntary Portability release form allows HASCO to send your paperwork to the proper housing authority and gives the receiving housing authority your current contact information.
4.  Once the portability specialist has a completed Voluntary Portability release form and copy of your vacate notice, they will issue your family a Housing Choice Voucher (if one has not already been issued to you). You will also be provided with a port-out packet that includes contact information for the receiving housing authority’s point-of-contact.
5. Your portability documentation will be sent to the receiving housing authority within 5-10 business days. Once your portability documentation has been received, it may take the receiving housing authority 2 weeks to process your paperwork. If you have not been contacted by the receiving housing authority, please contact their portability contact to inquire how long you will have to wait before they can assist you in your new unit. It is possible you may have to pay the full rent for up to one month.


 Are you requesting to port to the Housing Authority of Snohomish County (HASCO)?

To port to the Housing Authority of Snohomish County (HASCO), the following steps need to be taken:

  1. Contact your current housing authority specialist to begin the portability process. If you are eligible to port, your housing authority will issue you a voucher to allow you to port here.
  2.  Your current specialist will need to send your portability documentation to HASCO’s portability specialist by one of the following contact methods:
    1. Email: tmeek@hasco.org *PREFERRED
    2. Fax: (425)290-5618 (Attn: PORTABILITY)
    3. Mailing:Housing Authority of Snohomish County, Attn: Portability,12711 4th Ave W Everett, WA 98204

HASCO is not absorbing vouchers; we are billing the initial housing authority.

  1. Within 5-10 business days of your current housing specialist notifying you that your paperwork has been sent to HASCO, you will be contacted by the HASCO portability specialist regarding your portability briefing.

If you have not heard from HASCO regarding your portability documentation within 5 business days of your paperwork being sent, you should contact our office.

  1. You will meet individually with the portability specialist. The portability specialist will contact you when your portability folder is ready to be picked up.

When you come into our office, please inform the client service representative that you are a portability client and have been notified to come into the office for a briefing with the portability specialist.

  1. When you meet with the portability specialist, they will give you a voucher issued from HASCO and other necessary paperwork that all adult household members will need to sign.

You will also be provided documents regarding HASCO’s policies, the family obligations, and some helpful information to assist you in your search for housing. The portability specialist will go over all the documents in the portability folder and answer any questions you may have.

Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program

HASCO does not participate in the FSS program. If you are porting to our area and you are a current FSS participant, please discuss with your current FSS case worker how a portability move will affect your FSS participation.

Payment Standards and Voucher Size

Payment standards are the maximum amounts family units can subsidized for. HASCO’s payment standards are based on the number of bedrooms in the unit.

Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Payment Standards Effective October 1, 2018

Bedrooms                           Payment Standard

0                                              $1,227

1                                              $1,377

2                                              $1,691

3                                              $2,448

4                                              $2,898

5                                              $3,332

6                                              $3,767

7                                              $4,202

8                                              $4,636

HASCO determines the appropriate number of bedrooms that a voucher can be issued for under the Housing Authority of Snohomish County’s subsidy standards. Your family will be issued a voucher based on the household composition. The family unit size does not dictate the size of unit the family must actually lease, nor does it determine who will share a bedroom/sleeping room within a household.

The portability specialist will not know what bedroom size voucher or what rent amounts you qualify for until HASCO receives your portability documents from your current housing authority.

If you are in need of an interpreter, please call our office and one will be provided free of charge. Please feel free to contact me with the contact information below if you have any questions.